INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2. Volunteered. If you open an account with us, purchase products or services, send us an email, or share personal information with us in any other way, we collect this information. The specific types of information we collect depend on what information you choose to provide but may include your name, email address, other contact information, demographic information, and billing information. You do not have to share this information with us, but without it you may not be able to access certain content, features or Services. If you open your account via your account with Facebook, LinkedIn or any other third party, we will collect the information that those third parties allow us to collect and use that information in any or all of the ways those third parties allow.
3. Your Assessment. We will not post your assessment on our site in a way that would let users identify you individually. We may use your assessment and the information you provided as part of the assessment process internally, for any business purpose.
4. Posted. If we provide the ability to post information on public areas of our Site and you post information in such areas that information may be collected and used by anyone, including Imperative. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information that allows strangers to identify or locate you.
5. Job Applicants. If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a job at Imperative, the information will be used solely in connection with your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time for the purpose of considering your application for current or future job openings.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The short answer is that we generally use this information to provide you with better service. Among other things, the information we collect can enable us to:
customize the content and advertising you see
fulfill your requests for Services and validate your user rights
contact and communicate with you
provide you with additional information we think is of interest to you
We may also use the information from you and your assessment to continue Imperative’s research into psychological, emotional, and cognitive characteristics, and to improve our Services. We will only do this in a way that maintains your anonymity. We may also publish this research in academic journals but we will only publish results anonymously or in the aggregate.
1. Automated Information. We may freely share information we collect by automated means with third parties, such as clients, advertisers, sponsors and business partners, for our benefit and/or for their own use.
2. Personally Identifiable Information. In limited circumstances, we may give third parties your personally identifiable information (e.g., your name and email address), your assessment and any other information we have collected or you have provided us.
CHILDREN UNDER 18
The Services are not intended for anyone under age 18. Our Site may include unmonitored content posted by users or sourced from other third parties and such content may be unsuitable for children. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under 18.
In addition, the Services may contain links to third party websites and content (for example, our Facebook page). Imperative does not control these websites and/or content and these third parties’ privacy policies may be different from our own. You access linked websites or third party content at your own risk.
Any information collected by Imperative is stored using standard security procedures and practices that we believe are appropriate to the nature of the information. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result, Imperative cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services.
Your personal information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that Imperative processes and stores information in the United States and your use of our Services constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared, the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, and their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address 1600 Main Street, Venice Beach CA 90291. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact us by mail at 500 Yale Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109.
In addition, if you wish to exclude your personal information from our direct marketing, or if you would like to update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personal information, or otherwise manage communications you receive from Imperative, please contact us at the above.